ALL Students and Faculty who come to Holy Cross Hospital are required to complete annually (by school year) the mandatory online orientation prior to the start of clinical rotation through the HealthStream system. Click here for instructions on logging in to HealthStream for the orientation.
All NEW Faculty must attend tthe Meditech EMR training class.
The school or faculty is responsible for ensuring that the students have completed the online orientation prior to the start of the clinical rotation.
- Faculty must complete the online HCH Orientation requirements. This must be completed annually (by school year).
- Complete the Student Information Sheet (must use this fillable PDF) and email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit this form for each clinical group 2 weeks prior to the start of the clinical rotation.
- Collect printout of student HCH orientation transcript and keep it with the student's school file.
- For Nursing program, verify your CCPS placement through your school. NO clinical rotation is allowed
without prior CCPS placement approval and unit manager approval.
- For CCPS scheduling contact Wyndie Morrill and for student HealthStream login, contact email@example.com
- For preceptor assignment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Meditech EMR Access, contact email@example.com. Click here for instructions.
Vaccine Documentation (including Flu Vaccine)
Complete the appropriate sections of the Student Information Sheet. Placement of an "X" or "On file" in the column designates that the school has the documentation on file. DO NOT SEND individual
documentation for each student or faculty.
NOTE: During the course of the year, some units open and close consistent with patient census. Please contact the Nursing HUB at 954-771-8000 ext. 5754 beforehand so you can make alternative plans
for your students.
- Please schedule meal time early at 11:00am or later at 1:30pm.
This will allow time for hospital staff to get through the cafeteria in a timely manner.
Security-Badge Access Responsibility
- Send a list of students' names to Security at least one week prior to start of rotation to allow time for badges to be made ahead of time. FAX the completed Security Badge Access Request form AND the Student Information Sheet to Security at 954-492-5750. Wyndie Morrill will provide the Faculty with the student badges. Students are NOT to ask for security badges individually. Badges must be worn at all times while within Holy Cross facility.
- At the end of the rotation, collect and return the badges to Security/Wyndie Morrill..
Contacting the Unit Manager
- For unit-specific orientation, please make arrangements with the individual unit manager. Click here for managers' contact information.
© Copyright 2019 Associate Training and Development | Holy Cross Hospital